WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 20, 2010
ALLIED HEALTH/NURSING BLDG PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
- The contractor continued to remove metal studs and glass storefronts from the 1st Floor near Bolivar Street.
RESOURCE CENTER PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
- The demolition phase of the project is getting underway.
- The contractor began removing metal studs from the 1st Floor and pulling wire from existing electrical outlets on the 1st Floor.
LIONS/LSU CLINIC BLDG 7TH FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The electrical contractor continues to run electrical conduit in the lab space.
- Workers started running new ductwork and installed the VAV boxes in the lab.
LIONS/LSU CLINIC BLDG 8TH FLOOR RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor ran additional electrical conduit in the renovated spaces.
- Crews installed new ductwork and the VAV boxes in the large conference room.
- The can light brackets have been installed in all of the fur downs.
MEB AHU REPLACEMENT PROJECT:
- Facility Services continued monitoring the temporary air conditioning serving the cafeteria kitchen area.
- The contractor completed insulating chilled and hot water piping for AHU 2-A.
- The electrical and controls work on AHU 2-A and AHU 3-A continues.
- The Inspecting Engineer and the contractor continued the building walk through and inspection.
- They completed the inspection of all AHUs on the 2nd through 4th Floors.
MEB MDL #4 RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor installed marker boards in the main MDL room.
- The contractor completed installing cove base in the main MDL room and room 4210.
RESOURCE CENTER ROOF REPLACEMENT PROJECT:
- The contractor made multiple touchups to the metal parapet wall cap.
- The lightning protection system installation is complete.
RESIDENCE HALL FIRE ALARM SYSTEM UPGRADE:
- Contractor began installing the new fire alarm summary panel and began the necessary programming.
- The landscaping crew has moved from the Downtown campus to the Dental School. They will be installing irrigation systems, updating current planting areas, developing new planting beds, etc.
- Facility Services completed trenching for irrigation piping in the island of the horseshoe and on the Moss St. side of the horseshoe.
- They started digging trenches for the irrigation piping to be installed between the Clinic Building and the horseshoe drive.