THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 25, 2010
NOTICE: Beginning Monday, March 1st and continuing through Friday, March 5th, there will be pile driving in the rear parking lot of the Residence Hall at 1900 Perdido St. This will take place each day between 8:00 AM and 6:00 PM. Pile driving may result in vibrations and/or hammering noise inside the Residence Hall and possibly extend to nearby buildings. These piles will support an elevated new building as part of the FEMA Mitigation project to house and protect critical mechanical and electrical equipment from potential future flood waters.
ALLIED HEALTH/NURSING BLDG PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
- The contractor removed additional wall tiles from Rooms 245 and 246.
- Workers continued pulling wire for the 1st Floor lights on the Bolivar Street side of the building.
RESOURCE CENTER PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
- The contractor continued installing conduit on the 1st Floor from the new switchgear room to the new ATS room.
- Crews dismantled duct work for the AHUâ€™s in the mechanical room on the 1st Floor.
- They began removing wiring to the AHU motors.
RESIDENCE HALL PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
- On Monday, March 1st the contractor will begin driving piles that will support an elevated new building as part of the FEMA Mitigation project to house and protect critical mechanical and electrical equipment from potential future flood waters.
LIONS/LSU CLINIC BLDG 8th FLOOR RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor continued installing electrical boxes for the AV equipment in the large and small conference rooms.
- Workers started installing the ceiling grid in the lobby and reception area.
LIONS/LSU CLINIC 7th FLOOR RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor continued to apply a skim coat on the floors.
RESIDENCE HALL FIRE ALARM UPGRADE:
- The contractor continued programming the new fire alarm panel.
- They installed all devices in the elevator shafts for A, B and C tower.
- Facility Services completed removing old vegetation from the center island of the horseshoe drive and received sod and plants for the horseshoe drive area.