THURSDAY, JANUARY 27, 2011
ALLIED HEALTH/NURSING BLDG PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
- The contractor continues to correct items on the stucco punch list.
- They continue running conduit from the emergency generator to the ATS on the 2nd Floor and conduit to relocate panel X1A (1st Floor emergency panel).
- Studs were installed around the new mechanical room door on the 2nd Floor near the existing auditoriums (A and B).
RESIDENCE HALL PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
- Crews continued painting the interior wall in the switch gear and generator room on the 2nd level of the mechanical/electrical building.
- The contractor started roughing in for the fire suppression sprinkler system in the addition building.
- The generator that will provide temporary power during upcoming outages to building power is on site.
- The contractor started pulling wire to a panel on the 3rd Floor through which temporary power will be provided to critical circuits in the apartments.
RESOURCE CENTER PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
- The contractor finished the wood decking for the desk platform in the bookstore.
CEB PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
NOTICE: On Saturday, January 29th, from 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM, there will be an electrical power outage at the Clinical Education Building, 1542 Tulane Avenue. The outage will affect the following areas: lighting and outlets on the front side of the building (along Tulane Avenue) from the 2nd floor to the 7th floor (including Auditorium 121A); lighting, outlets and air conditioning on the mezzanine level; and lighting and outlets on the first floor middle corridor office area along the parking garage side. This outage is needed to relocate an electrical panel on the freight elevator shaft wall to allow flood proofing of the elevator shaft, and to relocate the feed to an electrical panel on the 1st floor to facilitate the installation of a new transformer vault wall in the basement.
- The contractor continued removing existing heating water pipes and installing the 10 inch supply heating hot water pipe in the basement.
- Workers started installing conduit to the electrical room located on the 2nd Floor.
- They began to remove the roll-up door near the loading dock.
CSRB EXHAUST UPGRADE:
- The contractor continued installing ceiling supports on the 1st Floor.
DENTAL SCHOOL AHU REPLACEMENT:
- The contractor continued to fabricate and install the heating hot water lines for the AHU above Oral Pathology and to run the chilled water lines for the AHU above the Gross Anatomy lab.
- Crews starting hanging the VFDs for the new AHUs located above Oral Pathology and the Gross Anatomy lab.
DENTAL SCHOOL LIGHTING REPLACEMENT PROJECT:
- The contractor replaced and additional 16 light fixtures on the 6th Floor of the Clinic Building.
DENTAL SCHOOL STUDENT RECREATIONAL FIELDS:
- The contractor began installing new drainage catch basins.