WEDNESDAY, APRIL 6, 2011
ALLIED HEALTH/NURSING BLDG PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
- The contractor continued drilling holes through the walls in the generator room to allow for stand-by power conduits.
- Workers started installing the steel stairway to the generator platform.
- The bases of the walls on the 1st Floor were grouted in preparation for the epoxy flooring.
RESIDENCE HALL PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
- The contractor painted door frames and sanded the doors in preparation for painting on the 1st Floor.
- Crews began installing louvers in the domestic water pump room on the 2nd level of the new addition building.
RESOURCE CENTER PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
- The contractor removed the 4 existing heating hot water pumps.
- They applied the final clear coat on the 1st Floor epoxy flooring.
CEB PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
- The contractor began demolishing the loading dock roof.
- Workers continued welding and installing 8-inch chilled water pipes in the basement.
CEB COVERED WALKWAY:
- The contractor continued installing flashing and snap-on seam strips.
CSRB EXHAUST UPGRADE:
- The contractor installed exhaust ductwork on the 1st Floor for Rooms 108 and 109.
DENTAL SCHOOL BLDG EXTERIOR WATERPROOFING:
- The contractor continued pressure washing the east side (4th bay) of the Clinic Building.
- Crews continued removing and installing caulking on the south wall of the Clinic Building and the east wall of the Administration Building.
DENTAL SCHOOL AHU REPLACEMENT PROJECT:
- The contractor replaced the heating hot water riser on the 2nd Floor of the Clinic Bldg.
- They made the final duct tie-ins for the AHU near Gross Anatomy and installed new fresh air duct for the unit near Oral Pathology.
- The contractor removed asbestos insulation and ductwork in Room 2110 in the Administration Bldg.
- Workers continued to remove ceiling grid in hallways around Room 2110; near the Deans office and Faculty Practice.
- The contractor installed heating hot water pipe hangers in the corridor near Faculty Practice.
DENTAL SCHOOL LIGHTING REPLACEMENT PROJECT:
- The contractor replaced an additional 17 fixtures on the 2nd Floor of the Administration Building with new high efficiency fixtures.
DENTAL CAMPUS PARKING LOT LIGHTING:
- The contractor continued installing direct-buried electrical conduit between the new light poles.
- They removed the concrete formwork from all 25 pole bases.