THURSDAY, OCTOBER 13, 2011
DENTAL ADMIN BLDG 1ST FLOOR PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
- Bids for the project to make permanent repairs to the 1st Floor of the Dental Schoolâ€™s Administration Building were opened today by the Office of Facility Planning and Control. The apparent low bidder will be contacted and asked to confirm their pricing and we anticipate that an award recommendation will be made shortly.
CEB PERMANENT REPAIRS & MITIGATION:
- The contractor continued welding steel structure for the new MEP building and roughing in exterior light fixtures in the new loading dock area.
CSRB EXHAUST UPGRADE PROJECT:
- The contractor continued installing the VFDs on the roof for exhaust system #2.
- The floor penetration around exhaust riser # 1, 9 and 10 was repaired.
- On Saturday, October 15th, from 6:00 AM until 4:00 PM, there will be an exhaust outage in the Clinical Sciences Research Building to connect new exhaust ductwork on the 3rd and 7th floors. During this outage there will be no exhaust on the 3rd through 7th floors. This outage will not affect the operation of the animal care facility on the 1st and 2nd floors or the environmental rooms (walk-in coolers, freezers or incubators) throughout the building. During this outage, please cap any fume producing materials that are in the chemical fume hoods and close the sashes of all chemical fume hoods.
- This outage is the second of four planned exhaust outages that will occur each Saturday in October.
DENTAL SCHOOL AHU REPLACEMENT PROJECT:
- The contractor continued running heating hot water lines and installing supply duct and VAVs for unit 5B in the Clinic Building.ã€€
- Control wires are being run for unit 2A.ã€€
- The contractor demolished the old unit 7A and removed it from the building.
- Workers removed electrical and pneumatic conduit, lights and ceiling grid from unit 6B in the Clinic Building.
- The contractor continued removing lights and ceiling from the Library.
- The asbestos contractor removed ductwork from the front of the Library.ã€€