Services for Dental Alumni and Dental Health Professionals
LSUSD alumni and all dental health professionals in Louisiana are invited to use the services of the LSU School of Dentistry Library, subject to the following rules:
- Dental health professionals may use all resources when in the Dental Library.
- Registration is required for Circulation privileges. A driver’s license and professional license are required for identification. At the time of registration, a barcoded Library Card will be issued. Registration must be renewed annually.
- Requests for literature searches run by the Dental Librarians can be requested in person or by phone.
- Books must be checked out in person at the Library. A maximum of five books may be checked out at a time. If the books are overdue by thirteen days or more, all circulation privileges will be suspended until the late materials are returned.
- Books may be renewed for two weeks. Renewal requests may be made in person, via phone, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. One renewal will be granted if no other patron is waiting for the book.
- Books should be returned directly to the Dental Library.
- Practitioners in Louisiana unable to visit the Library may borrow Dental Library books through the interlibrary loan service of their local public library. LSUHSC Dental Library cannot mail books to individuals.
- Practicing dental health professionals may not borrow journals from the Library. Online access to journal articles is available when physically in the Library. Printers and photocopiers are available for any printing or copying needs.
- To request copies of articles, dental health practitioners must register for the Loansome Doc service. Contact the Library to request a Loansome Doc Agreement. Once your Loansome Doc account is created, you can order documents electronically via PubMed.
- For more information, see:
Loansome Doc Fact Sheet
FAQ: Loansome Doc Ordering Service--Ordering Using PubMed