Directions to Isché Library
LSU Health Sciences Center Isché Library
Resource Center Building
433 Bolivar Street, 3rd Floor Entrance
New Orleans, Louisiana
The Isché Library is located one-half block off of Tulane Avenue at 433 Bolivar Street. It is housed on the third, fourth, and fifth floors of the Resource Center Building (RCB).
With a valid LSUHSC ID, the RCB may be accessed at any time from the 1st floor, proceed to the 3rd floor to visit the Library.
Without an LSUHSC ID, enter through the 1st floor Monday-Friday between 8 and 6; in the evening and on weekends, access the Library by entering through the parking garage (across the street), proceeding to the 3rd floor of the garage, then crossing the elevated walkway to the RCB; use the elevators to proceed to the 3rd floor.
From the West on I-10
Take I-10 East towards New Orleans. Take the Poydras Street exit towards the Superdome (exit #234B). Continue on Poydras Street, and then make a U-turn at South Claiborne Avenue in order to go the opposite direction on Poydras. The second street on your right will be Bolivar Street. Take a right at that corner, go two and a half blocks, and you will see the Library building on the left side of the road.
From the East on I-10
Take I-10 West towards New Orleans. Take the Canal Street exit towards the Superdome (exit #235B). Turn right onto Cleveland Avenue. Continue on Cleveland Avenue, and then take a right onto South Claiborne Avenue. From Claiborne, take a right onto Gravier Street. From Gravier, go three blocks up to take a right onto Bolivar Street. You will see the Library building on the left side of the road.
From the Westbank
Take the Westbank Expressway (US Hwy 90 East) across the Mississippi River Bridge towards New Orleans. Take the US Hwy 90 East/Claiborne Avenue exit, which will place you down on South Claiborne Avenue. From Claiborne, you need to take a left onto Gravier Street; unfortunately, a left turn is prohibited at this intersection. Go to the next intersection and make a U-turn. Take a right onto Gravier. From Gravier, go three blocks up to take a right onto Bolivar Street. You will see the Library building on the left side of the road.
Metered street parking on Bolivar Street and in the immediate vicinity of the Resource Center Building is available. The Pay-to-Park station (also called Pay & Display) is in effect Monday - Saturday. Metered parking is well-patrolled by City parking enforcement personnel. There are also affordable open-air parking lots within walking distance.
St. Joseph's Church Parking
The church surface lot is usually a flat $3 per day fee.
Roman Street Parking Garage
Patient and visitor parking is also available in the S. Roman Street parking garage. Patient and visitor parking spaces are located on the ground floor of the garage. Accessible patient and visitor spaces are located on the aisle nearest the garage elevators on the ground floor. Visitors parking in the garage must use the unattended Automatic Pay Station to pay for parking.
Map of Downtown Campus (pdf)
How does Automatic Pay Station (APS) work?
1. Visitors will pull a ticket from the ticket dispenser upon entering the garage and take the ticket with them to their destination.
2. Upon returning to the parking garage, visitors will stop at the Automatic Pay Station (APS) located at the ground level elevator lobby and insert their ticket into the APS. The APS will calculate the amount of parking due and prompt them to pay by either cash or credit card. Visitors will then insert payment in the indicated slot.
3. Once the transaction is processed, visitors will receive their paid parking ticket back and change (if necessary) along with a receipt for the payment if requested.
4. The visitor will then have 15 minutes to return to their vehicle and exit.
5. At the Exit Station, visitors will insert their paid ticket into the indicated slot and the gate arm will raise and allow their vehicle to exit.
6. Fees are approximately $1 per hour with a maximum (and lost ticket fee) of $10.