Finding Print Books or Monographs in the LSUHSC Libraries
- Search the Library Catalog to find specific titles within the Libraries.
- Books with the location Ische Stacks are located on the 4th floor.
- Journals with the location Ische Serials are located on the 5th floor alphabetically by title.
- Items with the location Dental Stacks, Dental Serials are located in the browsing areas at the Dental Library.
- Items with the location Ische Reserve or Dental Reserve are behind the Circulation Desk at the appropriate Library; View tutorial - Finding course reserves.
The LSUHSC Libraries uses the National Library of Medicine System of Classification to organize books by subject. Each Call Number corresponds to a specific subject.
To browse books, identify the subject you need below and then go to that section.
|QS Human Anatomy||QW Microbiology and Immunology|
|QT Physiology||QX Parasitology|
|QU Biochemistry||QY Clinical Pathology|
|QV Pharmacology||QZ Pathology|
Medicine and Related Subjects
|W Health Professions||WN Radiology, Diagnostic Imaging|
|WA Public Health||WO Surgery|
|WB Practice of Medicine||WP Gynecology|
|WC Communicable Diseases||WQ Obstetrics|
|WD Disorders of Systemic, Metabolic or Environmental Origin, etc.||WR Dermatology|
|WE Musculoskeletal System||WS Pediatrics|
|WF Respiratory System||WT Geriatrics. Chronic Disease|
|WG Cardiovascular System||WU Dentistry. Oral Surgery|
|WH Hemic and Lymphatic Systems||WV Otorhinolaryngology|
|WI Digestive System||WW Ophthalmology|
|WJ Urogenital System||
WX Hospitals and Other Health Facilities
|WK Endocrine System||WY Nursing|
|WL Nervous System||WZ History of Medicine|
Updated November 2013