Confidentiality and Security Statement
I acknowledge and confirm my understanding and terms of the LSUHSC-NO Confidentiality and Security Statement and that I will be accountable for conducting my duties in the workplace in accordance with the following statements:
- I understand adherence to the Statement is a condition of my employment and/or affiliation with the University, and, my failure to adhere to the Statement can result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment and/or affiliation.
- I acknowledge that I am accountable for all activity attributable to my logon ID. Accordingly, I will not share my logon ID and will guard my password.
- I will use my logon ID to perform authorized activities (i.e. to carry out employment, contract, or school-related responsibilities).
- If I abuse or gain unauthorized access to computer resources, I understand that LSUHSC may immediately revoke my computer privileges and report my conduct to law enforcement authorities.
- I understand that, upon change in relationship with LSU (i.e. change in department/agency, job function, etc), my access to computer resources will be subject to review and appropriate modification.
- I understand that, upon termination of employment, non-renewal of contract, or loss of active LSUHSC student status, LSUHSC may delete my logon ID and my data.I understand the importance of privacy and confidentiality of information and in particular patient information, student records, and employee personal data. I pledge to access and handle all sensitive data with the appropriate care and precautions.
- I will abide by CM-42, the University policy regarding appropriate use of its network infrastructure. The policy can be found at: http://www.lsuhsc.edu/administration/cm/cm-42.pdf
- I understand that LSUHSC does not guarantee the privacy of e-mail.