Finding Print Books or Monographs in the LSUHSC Libraries
- Search the Library Catalog to find specific titles within the Libraries.
- Books with the location Ische Stacks are located on the 4th floor.
- Books with the location Ische Reserve are located at the Circulation desk (3rd floor). View tutorial - Finding course reserves.
- Journals with the location Ische Serials are located on the 5th floor alphabetically by title.
- Items with the location Dental Stacks or Dental Reserve are located at the Dental library.
The LSUHSC Libraries uses the National Library of Medicine System of Classification to organize books by subject. Each Call Number corresponds to a specific subject.
To browse books, identify the subject you need below and then go to that section on the 4th floor.
|QS Human Anatomy||QW Microbiology and Immunology|
|QT Physiology||QX Parasitology|
|QU Biochemistry||QY Clinical Pathology|
|QV Pharmacology||QZ Pathology|
Medicine and Related Subjects
|W Health Professions||WN Radiology, Diagnostic Imaging|
|WA Public Health||WO Surgery|
|WB Practice of Medicine||WP Gynecology|
|WC Communicable Diseases||WQ Obstetrics|
|WD Disorders of Systemic, Metabolic or Environmental Origin, etc.||WR Dermatology|
|WE Musculoskeletal System||WS Pediatrics|
|WF Respiratory System||WT Geriatrics. Chronic Disease|
|WG Cardiovascular System||WU Dentistry. Oral Surgery|
|WH Hemic and Lymphatic Systems||WV Otorhinolaryngology|
|WI Digestive System||WW Ophthalmology|
|WJ Urogenital System||
WX Hospitals and Other Health Facilities
|WK Endocrine System||WY Nursing|
|WL Nervous System||WZ History of Medicine|