LSUHSC-NO Authors on Display for December
The Library is displaying eight new faculty publications by LSUHSC-NO researchers in the Reference area (near the Library elevator), on the third floor of the Resource Center Building. These items are also part of the Library’s Faculty Publications Database.
The Faculty Publications Database includes publications authored by at least one member of the LSUHSC-New Orleans faculty, 1998 – present. Access to this database is available to the public. The database is linked from the Library web page here. This page includes a handy link to a PDF of the monthly bibliography of display articles. To add your faculty publications, or for questions about this database, contact Kathy Kerdolff.
LSUHSC-NO authors are shown in bold print:
1. Farrell TM, Bergman S, Selim N, Paige JT, Harzman AE, Schwarz E, Hori Y, Levine J, Scott DJ. “Practice gaps in gastrointestinal and endoscopic surgery (2011): a report from the Society of Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES) Continuing Education Committee.” Surgical Endoscopy. 2012; 26:3367-3381.
2. Duell EJ, Lucenteforte E, Olson SH, Bracci PM, Li D, Risch HA, Silverman DT, Ji BT, Gallinger S, Holly EA, Fontham EH, Maisonneuve P, Bueno-de-Mesquita HB, Ghadirian P, Kurtz RC, Ludwig E, Yu H, Lowenfels AB, Seminara D, Petersen GM, La Vecchia C, Boffetta P. “Pancreatitis and pancreatic cancer risk: A pooled analysis in the international pancreatic cancer case-control consortium (PanC4).” Annals of Oncology. 2012; 23(11):2964-2970.
3. Kelly MN, Zheng M, Ruan S, Kolls J, D’Souza A, Shellito JE. “Memory CD4+ T cells are required for optimal NK cell effector functions against the opportunistic fungal pathogen pneumocystis murina.” Journal of Immunology. 2012; 1-15.
4. Mitchell H, Cohn RD, Wildfire J, Thornton E, Kennedy S, El-Dahr JM, Chulada PC, Mvula MM, Faye Grimsley L, Lichtveld MY, White LE, Sterling YM, Stephens Sr. KU, Martin III WJ. “Implementation of evidence-based asthma interventions in post-Katrina New Orleans: The head-off environmental asthma in Louisiana (HEAL) study.” Environmental Health Perspectives. 2012; 120(11):1607-1612.
5. Stender SR, Hoxsey RJ. “A hairy situation.” Adolescent Medicine: State of the Art Reviews. 2012; 23(2):359-370.
6. Sulzer JK, Whitaker AM, Molina PE. “Hypertonic saline resuscitation enhances blood pressure recovery and decreases organ injury following hemorrhage in acute alcohol intoxicated rodents.” Journal of Trauma & Acute Care Surgery. 2012; 1-7 epub.
7. Tate DJ,Jr, Patterson JR, Velasco-Gonzalez C, Carroll EN, Trinh J, Edwards D, Aiyar A, Finkel-Jimenez B, Zea AH. “Interferon-gamma-induced nitric oxide inhibits the proliferation of murine renal cell carcinoma cells.” International Journal of Biological Sciences. 2012; 8(8):1109-1120.
8. Ward KE, Happel KI. “An eating disorder leading to wet beriberi heart failure: A case report of a 30-year-old woman.” American Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2012; 1-2 epub ahead of print.