Community Health, Wellness & Safety Resources
Welcome to the LSU Health Sciences Center New Orleans Community Health, Wellness and Safety Resource page. Below is a list of community programs, resources and web page links available in the Greater New Orleans area. If you are looking for a resource that is not listed, please contact Campus Assistance Program staff at (504) 568-8888.
If you have an emergency or need immediate assistance, please contact:
Campus Assistance Program
LSUHSC New Orleans Campus Police
Local Police Department
• Click here for important information regarding hurricane and disaster preparedness.
• Sign up for LSUHSC-NO emergency text or e-mail alerts by clicking here.
• VIA LINK Crisis Line & Community Resouce Directory
• Suicide Prevention Lifeline
• Metropolitan Crisis Response Team (Orleans, St. Bernard & Plaquemines Parishes)
• Mobile Crisis Services (Jefferson Parish)
• Poison Control
• Child Abuse Hotline
• SAMHSA Substance Abuse & Mental Health Helpline
Domestic Violence / Sexual Assault Hotlines
• Crescent House (Orleans Parish)
• Metropolitan Center for Women and Children (Jefferson Parish)
• National Domestic Violence Hotline
• National Sexual Assault Hotline
Support & Self-Help Groups
• Alcoholics Anonymous
Impaired Professional Committees
• Dental Well-Being Committee
• Physician Health Program (PHP)
Employee Assistance Professional Association of Greater New Orleans
If you have questions or comments about our website, click here to contact us. We appreciate your feedback.