Community Health, Wellness & Safety Resources
Welcome to the LSU Health Sciences Center New Orleans Community Health, Wellness and Safety Resource page. Below is a list of community programs, resources and web page links available in the Greater New Orleans area. If you are looking for a resource that is not listed, please contact Campus Assistance Program staff at (504) 568-8888.
If you have an emergency or need immediate assistance, please contact:
Campus Assistance Program
LSUHSC New Orleans Campus Police
Local Police Department
• Click here for important information regarding hurricane and disaster preparedness.
• Click here to sign up for LSUHSC-NO emergency text or e-mail alerts.
• VIA LINK Crisis Line & Community Resouce Directory
• Suicide Prevention Lifeline
• Metropolitan Crisis Response Team (Orleans, St. Bernard & Plaquemines Parishes)
• Mobile Crisis Services (Jefferson Parish)
• Poison Control
• Child Abuse Hotline
• SAMHSA Substance Abuse & Mental Health Helpline
Domestic Violence / Sexual Assault Hotlines
• Crescent House (Orleans Parish)
• Metropolitan Center for Women and Children (Jefferson Parish)
• National Domestic Violence Hotline
• National Sexual Assault Hotline
Support & Self-Help Groups
• Alcoholics Anonymous
Impaired Professional Committees
• Dental Health Professional Monitoring Program (DHPMP)
Employee Assistance Professional Association of Greater New Orleans
If you have questions or comments about our website, click here to contact us. We appreciate your feedback.