In this topic you will learn how to View Receipt IDs and the Receipts Page for a PO Line.
If the remaining encumbrance amount results from the Receipt process it may be due to one of the following:
• If the PO was set as a STANDARD Match with the Receiving Required flag checked on the PO Line Details page , the item(s) on the PO were not received (i.e. a Receipt was not entered in the PeopleSoft system) when the shipment was physically received.
• If the PO was set as a No Match or STANDARD Match with the Receiving Required flag unchecked on the PO Line Details page, the item(s) on the PO were, inadvertently, received (i.e. a Receipt was entered in the PeopleSoft system) when the shipment was received.
• In the case of multiple line POs, when the item(s) was received (i.e. a Receipt was entered in the PeopleSoft system), the person entering the Receipt may have, inadvertently, checked (or selected) item(s) on the PO that were not actually received in this shipment.
Note: If the user finds that the Receipt must be canceled, this function cannot be done on the Receipts page. The Receipt must be canceled in the Production Database. See the "Canceling a Non-Inventory Receipt Line" or the "Canceling an Inventory Receipt Line" topics in the Appendix of this module for instructions on how to cancel a Receipt line.
If the user was not already on the PO Activity Summary page and wished to view the Receipts page, he/she could navigate directly to the Receipts page, from the menu, as follows:
Purchasing > Receipts > Review Receipt Information > Receipts
From the PO Activity Summary page:
Click the Receipt tab.
View the Receipt page:
• Qty Received: The quantity received in the shipment for the PO line.
• Qty Accepted: The quantity accepted from the shipment.
• Open Quantity: The quantity not yet received.
• Open Amount: The amount not yet received.
Note: If the Receipt button appears on the PO line (i.e. the icon next to the Currency field), this indicates that a Receipt(s) has been entered in PeopleSoft for the PO line. If a Receipt has not been entered in PeopleSoft for the PO line, the Receipt button would not appear on this page.
The user does not have to access the Receipt page to retrieve the Receipt ID and Receipt Line Number, as this information is located on the page, as shown.
Note: More than one Receipt may appear, if the items on the PO were received in more than one shipment.
Click the Receipt Number link to access the Receipt page. This action opens a new window.
The Receipts page displays.
Click the Maximize/Restore button.
This will allow the user to view all data located on the tabs.
Click the scroll bar to view additional fields.
Click the Close button to close the Receipts page.
You may click the Receipt Number to view the Receipts page, as shown in the previous steps.
Click the Go Back To Activity Summary link.
Click the Receipt button to view the Receipt for the PO Line and Receipt ID.
Click the Receipt button to view the Receipt for the next PO Line.
This completes View Receipts IDs and the Receipts Page for a PO Line.