2019 Benefits Annual Enrollment
Welcome to the 2019 Benefits Annual Enrollment website!
LSU First & LSU Voluntary Benefits Annual Enrollment Period: October 1, 2018 - October 31, 2018
Office of Group Benefits Annual Enrollment Period: October 1, 2018 - November 15, 2018
LSUHSC-NO Benefits Fair & Presentations: Wednesday, October 10, 2018
During Annual Enrollment, benefits-eligible employees may enroll in, make changes to, or cancel enrollment for insurance plans. It is also the time to re-enroll in Flexible Spending Accounts and to schedule 2019 Pelican Health Savings Account contributions. Evidence of Insurability may be required for certain plans.
All enrollment elections made during Annual Enrollment will be effective January 1, 2019.
The November 15, 2018 enrollment deadline applies to the Office of Group Benefits health plans (excludes LSU First plans) and the Prudential Life plan ONLY. All other benefits are subject to the October 31, 2018 deadline.
Key Points to Remember:
- If you want to keep your same insurance coverage for 2019, no action is required on your part, unless you have LSU First Option 2 (if this applies to you, check your LSUHSC email for more information).
- If you do not take any action, your insurance coverage at 12/31/18 will remain in effect for 2019, unless you have LSU First Option 2.
- Participation in Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) require re-enrollment during Annual Enrollment every year and must be completed by October 31, 2018.
- Contributions to the Pelican Health Savings Account (HSA) requires re-enrollment every year. Re-enrollment may be requested at any time.
- If you wish to waive health insurance coverage for 2019, a health waiver form is required.
- A Qualified Life Event may be required to make changes to your enrollment elections once Annual Enrollment ends. Changes due to a Qualified Life Event must be requested within 30 days of the event.