2020 Benefits Annual Enrollment
Welcome to the 2020 Benefits Annual Enrollment website!
Benefits Annual Enrollment Period: October 1, 2019 - November 15, 2019
LSUHSC-NO Benefits Fair & Presentations: Tuesday, October 15, 2019
During Annual Enrollment, benefits-eligible employees may enroll in, make changes to, or cancel enrollment for insurance plans. It is also the time to re-enroll in Flexible Spending Accounts and to schedule 2020 Pelican Health Savings Account contributions. Evidence of Insurability may be required for certain plans.
All enrollment elections made during Annual Enrollment will be effective January 1, 2020.
The November 15, 2019 enrollment deadline applies to all benefit plans.
Key Points to Remember:
- If you want to keep your same insurance coverage for 2020, no action is required on your part.
- If you do not take any action, your insurance coverage at 12/31/19 will remain in effect for 2020.
- Participation in Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) require re-enrollment during Annual Enrollment every year and must be completed by Novenmber 15, 2019.
- Contributions to the Pelican Health Savings Account (HSA) requires re-enrollment every year. Re-enrollment may be requested at any time.
- If you wish to waive health insurance coverage for 2020, a health waiver form is required.
- A Qualified Life Event may be required to make changes to your enrollment elections once Annual Enrollment ends. Changes due to a Qualified Life Event must be requested within 30 days of the event.