MetLife - Pet Insurance
Louisiana State University is pleased to announce that it has partnered with MetLife to offer Pet Insurance to the LSU Community starting January 1, 2023. The unpredictable nature of our pets makes life more interesting—and we wouldn't have it any other way because they make our family complete. However, paying for the vet bills when the unexpected happens can be stressful. MetLife Pet Insurance helps provide a sense of relief for both you and your furry family member.
Here's how it works:
- Enroll - Select and enroll in the coverage that's right for you and download our mobile app
- Care - Take your pet to the vet when needed and pay the bill; manage your pet's health and wellness using the app
- Cover - Send the bill and your claim documents to us and receive reimbursement check or direct deposit if the claim expense is covered under the policy
Help protect your dogs and cats while enjoying flexible coverage and the freedom to visit any U.S. licensed vet, so you can offer protection to your family—including its furry members. Our options include:
- Levels of coverage from $500 - unlimited
- $0 - $2,500 deductible options
- Reimbursement percentages from 50% - 100%
MetLife Pet mobile app fetching features:
- View your policy
- Manage your pet's health records
- Submit and track claims
- Access live 24/7 Telehealth Concierge Services
- Access personalized articles
- Find nearby pet services
- What is pet insurance? Similar to health insurance for you and your family, pet insurance is coverage for dogs and cats that can help you plan and be better prepared for vet costs.
- Can you use your vet? Yep! You can visit any licensed veterinarian or emergency clinic in the U.S., and you and your vet of choice can determine the best treatment plan and medical course of action for your pet. Once you've received and paid your bill, send it to MetLife and they will process the claim for reimbursement4 if the claim expense is covered under the policy.
- How much will it cost? Each pet's premium will be unique based on the age, breed, and location as well as the coverage options selected. There are additional discounts for multi-pet households and other factors. Employees interested in coverage would contact MetLife directly and be given a specialized quote.
- How do employees pay for coverage? Employees will pay via direct bill with MetLife.
- When can employees enroll? Employees will be able to enroll, make changes, or cancel at any time directly with MetLife. Coverage will be rolled out for January 1, 2023 with co-branded communications sent out in the coming weeks by MetLife.
Get a quote or enroll today:
Scan the QR Code: