Professional Development Opportunities
- Three free ways to get into your professional organization's conference
- Volunteer your time to set-up, organize or host during the event and your organization gives you free conference admission.
- Present at the conference for a break-out session and your organization gives you free conference admission and travel.
- Complete a scholarship opportunity and you could be selected for free conference admission and travel.
- There is compliance paperwork to complete if you are awarded funds to attend the conference, so please email HRM Talent Development for guidance.
Toastmasters at LSU Health
- Toastmasters is a professional development organization that specializes in increasing presentation, leadership, project management and other skills to use in your career.
- Meets on the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month 11:30am - 12:30pm in the 7th Floor Conference Room of the Resources Center Building and Zoom.
- TED is an international organization that sponsors conferences across the globe on amazing ideas from amazing people.
- All talks are no longer than 18 minutes long and provide brief overviews on a plethora of interesting topics!
Louisiana Employee Online (LEO)
- Hundreds of web-based courses on a variety of skills from technical skills to soft skills that are available for free to all LSU Health employees.
- Please email HRM Talent Development for your 'H' number and initial login instructions.