Monday, October 17, 2005
- LSUHSC has completed its re-inspection of all the campus building windows and has forwarded a copy of the report on missing/damaged windows to the contractor.
- Stanislaus basement water levels have varied more than desired. It was pumped out again with gas powered pump and the temporary electrical sump pump is being relocated to a lower level in the basement in an attempt to maintain minimal water levels.
- Interior rooms on the 1st floor of the Residence Hall were washed down.
- Bid to do the initial building cleaning is to be awarded on 10/18. Cleaning includes:
- Residence Hall and Stanislaus Hall kitchens, restrooms, and lounges, and
- Cafeteria and selected restrooms, classrooms, and public areas in the MEB.
- Permanent repairs to Resource Center switch gear were not finished as scheduled. Additional damage to feeder lines to the building is suspected. Fisk Electric (contractor) is investigating now.
- Belfor completed the removal of library materials from the Dental School on 10/14.
- Permanent switch gear repair for the MEB was awarded to Fisk Electric.
- Temporary repairs to elevators are continuing. One additional passenger elevator is operating in the Lions Eye Center.
- Scheduled contractor walk thrus for two solicitations were completed today;
- Removal and disposal of flood damaged movable equipment and furnishings, and
- Provision of temporary air conditioning to the Dental School.
- Feedback and questions from contractors have led LSUHSC to consider modifications to the scopes of work for each.