Tuesday, February 14, 2006
- The contractor began removing the library collection from the Resource Center for cleaning and temporary storage in anticipation of the environmental remediation of that building in the near future.
- The installation of temporary, battery powered emergency lighting in the MEB and the Lion's Eye Center is almost complete. Work to install similar lighting is beginning in the Nursing/Allied Health Building.
- The contractor reported that they had completed their cleaning of the basement at the Dental School. The environmental consultant conducted their visual inspection for mold and found that addition cleaning remained to be done in selected areas. The contractor will be given a walk through on Thursday by the consultant so that the areas needing additional cleaning can be specifically identified.
- The contractor repairing the Lion's Eye Center switchgear will swap out the second of the two main breakers tonight starting at 5:00 PM. The power outage is expected to last for approximately an hour. This will allow the final main switchgear breaker to be rebuilt.
- The electrical connections have been made to the fire pump at the MEB and the pump should be tested tomorrow. The new concrete pad has been poured to secure the fire pump at the Residence Hall.
- The environmental remediation work in the 2nd floor Animal Care areas at the CSRB was completed today.
- MEB 7th floor remediation work is now complete. Work is underway on the 6th floor of the MEB and should be completed tomorrow.
- The removal of drywall began on the 1st floor of the Lion's Eye Center. This is part of the environmental remediation contract in flood damaged areas of the building.