Thursday, May 25, 2006
- The Residence Hall will reopen on schedule beginning Friday, May 26th. A mass email announcement has gone out with all the details.
- Due to the recent disruption in power in the Clinical Sciences Research Building (CSRB), we are planning two 12 hour air conditioning outages for the Perdido Street side of the CSRB building while we replace the electrical feeder for this circuit. Additionally, all building exhaust systems will be inoperative during this period. These shutdowns will take place Saturday, May 20, 2006 and Saturday, May 27, 2006 from 7:00 A.M. to 7:00 P.M. Testing has shown that these CSRB feeders, which run from the switchgear to panels that feed electricity to critical functions, have sustained damage due to Hurricane Katrina.
- The State Fire Marshal will inspect the Resource Center on Wednesday, May 31st.
- The rebuilt emergency generator stators have been installed in the MEB, the Nursing/Allied Health Building and the Resource Center. The final electrical connections still need to be completed. The emergency generators are being connected to the Residence Hall.
- The medical vacuum and air pumps have been installed in the CSRB. The medical air pumps for the MEB were delivered today.
- The remediation contractor continued working in the basement and 7th & 8th floors of 1542 Tulane Ave.