Friday, December 22, 2006
- NOTICE: On Wednesday, December 27th, and Thursday, December 28th, there will be multiple service outages at the downtown campus. These outages affect the city water (hot and cold) at the Residence Hall and the Resource Center Building, and the chilled water in the Resource Center Building.
- On Wednesday, December 27th, the hot and cold domestic water at the Residence Hall will be shut down to replace malfunctioning shutoff valves in five rooms - B51, A53, A31, A86, and C66. The shutdown will start at 8:00 AM, and be completed by 5:00 PM. Please keep all faucets off until the water is turned back on. No toilets in the building will work, there will be no water at any faucets in the building, and the washers will not operate.
- On Thursday, December 28th, starting at 3:00 AM, the chilled water will be shut down in the MEB. This shutdown will be done to allow a contractor to make some piping modifications that will facilitate removing the pumps and piping that are no longer needed. This work is expected to be completed by 10:00 PM. There will be no air conditioning during this outage. We will be circulating air, but there will be no cooling.
- On Thursday, December 28th at the Resource Center , the domestic hot and cold water and chilled water will be shut down. The domestic water outage is being done to replace a backflow preventer. Again, there will be no water at the faucets and no working toilets. The chilled water is being shut down to replace hand valves and a control valve that have failed, on the air handling unit that serves the Atrium. This means that there will be no air conditioning in the building. The outages will start at 8:00 AM and will complete by 4:00 PM.
- The 1542 Tulane contractor continued the installation of the starter for the new basement sump pumps.