Wednesday, February 07, 2007
- The electrical engineer from the design team was on site today to review the progress on the installation of the new motor control center and the project to restore telecommunications to the Dental School Clinic and Administration buildings.
- The elevator contractor continues to fine tune one passenger elevator in the Clinic Building for the certification inspection once the remaining work in the elevator pit is complete, including the installation of the smoke and heat detectors.
- LSUHSC Facility Services completed the removal of ceiling tiles from the 5th floor and started the removal of ceiling tiles on the 7th floor of the Clinic Building .
- At 1542 Tulane Ave. the insulation contractor continued to insulate the chilled water pipes in the basement of the building.
- The mechanical subcontractor continued to clean out the sumps in the basement and to change out old pipes.
- The contractor is still installing new lights and running the needed conduit in the basement.
- The second knee wall in the MEB atrium is being framed. The wiring (power and network) has been completed in the first knee wall.
- The installation of the new ceiling tile has begun.
- The painting contractor began priming the walls today.