Wednesday, July 25, 2007
Dental School :
- The ceiling installation in the Library is nearly complete.
- The installation of the ceiling tiles on the 2nd floor of the Administration Building is progressing.
- Landis is performing final inspections in the Clinic Building.
- The demolition on the 1st floor of the Clinic Building continues with the removal of the old conduit and ductwork from the ceiling areas.
- This work is in preparation for the creation of the temporary work spaces that will accomodate Facility Services, Supply Chain Management, and Central Supply.
- Clearance samples were taken in Auditorium A and B as well as the elevator shafts. Test results are pending.
- The painting of the stairwell handrail and doors with antimicrobial paint is nearing completion.
- New network cables continue to be terminated throughout the Administration Building.
- The old cooling tower has been taken off the Power Plant roof and the second truck is being loaded to take the large sections off site.
- Smaller pieces of related equipment continue to be brought down from the roof.
- Ordes completed the junction box connections between the new high-voltage switchgear and the 4th floor riser.
- Stratos removed the cab walls of Elevator #2.
- Siemens continues to remove the old, obsolete fire alarm wiring.
- They are now working on the 2nd and 3rd floors.
- The irrigation zone on the Bolivar St. side of the Allied Health/Nursing Building under the overhang is fully operational, but is currently using a temporary water source.
- Crews adding new topsoil to the same area and grading it in preparation for planting.
- Electrical wire was installed for five irrigation valves on the Bolivar St. side of the building and for two of the valves on the S. Roman St. side of the Allied Health/Nursing Building and the MEB.
- The installation of the short sleeves on the S. Roman St. side of MEB has begun.