Monday, October 29, 2007
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Faculty members began cleaning out their offices and removing personal items on Floors 7 and 8 to prepare for the final remediation and duct cleaning.
- Ordes is installing the starters for the Parking Garage exhaust fans.
- Stratos Elevator installed the cab walls and roof of Elevator #8.
- They are removing the counter-weights and elevator cab frame for Elevator #1.
- Siemens worked through the weekend installing the fire alarm speakers, strobes and wiring for the 8th floor.
- The contractor is finalizing some speaker and strobe installations in the auditorium on the 1st floor.
- Arc Mechanical repaired a leaking steam line.
- They also worked on the soft water system; draining the tank and removing hoses.
- The painting contractor worked through the weekend and finished priming Stairwell C.
- The contractor mobilized crews to begin working in Stairwell D where they are removing the peeling paint on Floors 8 and 9.
Dental School :
- Landis began installing the small chandeliers in the 1st floor lobby of the Clinic Building.
- The installation of the specialty ceiling continues.
- The layout and preparation for the main lobby carpet began today.
- Landis began the installation of the electrical outlets and switches in the 2nd floor Conference Room in the Administration Building .
- The duct work installation continues.
- Crews installed annual flowering plants on both sides of the Memorial Bench on Bolivar St .
- Work continued on the installation of the irrigation system on the Bolivar St. side of the MEB.