Wednesday, December 12, 2007
- The bids for the contract to complete the permanent repairs and Section 406 Mitigation work were opened today.
- Three bids were received and are currently under evaluation.
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Stratos Elevator continues to work on installing the new frame rails for Elevator #1.
- The contractor is building cab walls for Elevator #7.
- They are preparing Elevator #8 for the installation of new hoist cables.
- Zimmer-Eschette finished cleaning the ducts on the 4th Floor.
- They are cleaning the fan coil units.
- Duct sampling on the 5th Floor is complete.
- The duct on the 7th Floor that had to be re-cleaned was re-sampled today.
- Zimmer continues to remove carpet and debris from the 4th Floor.
- Ceiling tile is being removed from the 5th Floor.
- The 7th Floor did not pass visual inspection following the final cleaning and it is being re-cleaned.
- The contractor has mobilized crews to the 6th Floor and has begun removing the peeling paint and cleaning all of the surfaces.
- Zimmer removed the floor tile from Rooms 126, 357, and 455.
- All of these rooms passed the visual inspection and air samples were taken.
Dental School :
- Schindler worked on the hoist way for Elevator #4 and the wiring for the car operator panel (which allows the car to communicate with the microprocessor in the machine room).
- They installed the floor indicator for Elevator #3. (This equipment informs the elevator car of its location.)