Tuesday, February 19, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave.:
- Stratos Elevator continues to work on Elevator #1; installing conduit
and wiring for smoke detectors in the elevator pit and installing wiring
from the controller in the penthouse to the elevator cab.
- The contractor continues to test and make final adjustments to
- Siemens continues to test the fire alarm devices installed in the
basement, and on the 1st, 6th, 7th, 8th, and penthouse floors.
- Zimmer-Eschette continues to prepare the transite exhaust ducts on the
5th Floor for removal.
- Zimmer is cleaning on the 6th Floor in the rear of the building (old
section) on the I-10 side and the area behind the elevators.
- The 6th Floor (old section) on the Charity side passed the visual
inspection and air samples were taken for mold.
- Zimmer finished removing the floor tiles in the center corridor on the
- The 3rd Floor center corridor passed the visual inspection and was
- The contractor began removing floor tile on the 2nd Floor in the
corridor and from the offices along Tulane Ave.
- The painting contractor is applying touch-up paint in the corridors on
the 8th Floor.
- The contractor began cutting in with the finish paint in the offices
along Tulane Ave. on the 6th Floor.
- The contractor finished floating and prepping the new sheetrock on the
- Crews continue to float and prep the new sheetrock on the 7th and
8th Floors to replace the drywall that was removed during the mold
- The contractor began installing new sheetrock on the 5th Floor.
- The installation of the new ceiling grid "tees" on the 7th Floor to
convert the existing 2' x 4' ceilings to 2' x 2' ceilings has been
- The contractor began installing new grid "tees" on the 5th Floor.
- Boe-Tel continues to terminate station wires in the offices on the 1st
- The contractor is pulling new network cables on the 4th Floor.
- Needham Roofing finished the installation of the 1st ply on
the Clinic balcony roof and replaced the condensing unit that serves the 5th
Floor network closet.
- As part of the preparations for the demolition of the nine buildings on
the back campus, Zimmer (one of the three demo contractors) installed the
orange construction fencing from Florida Ave to Campus Road along Navy Pkwy
separating the construction sites from the active part of the campus.
- They also demolished and removed the Green House and the Storage
- Sherlocks Construction patched holes in the floor of the vestibule and
began preparing the floor to receive tile as they work to complete the
- Schindler worked on the door operators for Elevator #8.
Downtown Landscaping Project:
- The crews ccontinued installing irrigation system components on the
Perdido Street side of Residence Hall.
- They leveled the ends of the sleeves installed under the asphalt
- They have completed most of the trenching.
- They started making the connection to the backflow preventer in
order to install the electric valves.