Monday, March 10, 2008
Clinic Building Permanent Repairs and Mitigation Project:
- CMI continues to demo on 6th Floor and remove all of the items left on the floor.
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Stratos Elevator had Elevator #1 inspected and all systems tested passed successfully (although not all systems were tested).
- An additional inspection will be needed when the installation of the new fire alarm panel is completed (to test the safeties and communications tied-in with the fire alarm system).
- Siemens is terminating the flow switches on the fire pump in the basement.
- Zimmer-Eschette finished coating the interiors of the ducts and sealing the access holes cut into ducts on the 1st Floor in the old section of the building.
- Zimmer continues to remove the peeling paint and is cleaning on the 2nd Floor in the old section on the I-10 side of the building.
- The contractor continues floating and preparing the new sheetrock on the 3rd Floor.
- The contractor finished removing floor tiles on the 4th Floor in the old section of the building and is preparing the area for the visual inspection.
- The painting contractor finished applying touch-up paint in the offices on the 5th Floor and is preparing the walls on the 4th Floor for paint.
- The ceiling grid contractor continues to paint the ceiling grid on the 4th Floor.
- Zimmer began installing new ceiling tiles on the 6th Floor.
- Frischhertz has removed the old lights from the 440 Perdido St. parking lot that were under Interstate 10.
- They placed the new poles and started installing the new electrical service for Student Lot #1.
- They also set the new poles in the Residence Hall parking lot.