Monday, March 17, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Stratos Elevator is replacing a broken safety and the rollers on Elevator #8.
- The contractor is assisting Siemens with the installation of the smoke detectors in the elevator shafts.
- Siemens is installing new smoke detectors in the elevator shafts and pits for Elevators #1, #2, #3, #7, and #8.
- Zimmer-Eschette continues to clean on the 2nd floor (old section) on both sides of the building.
- The contractor continues to sand and prepare the walls and new sheetrock on the 2nd and 3rd Floors.
- The contractor began removing the floor tile on the 3rd Floor in the old section on the Charity side of the building.
- The painting contractor is applying finish paint in the 4th Floor corridor and offices along Tulane Ave. and along the center corridor.
- The contractor continues with the installation of ceiling tiles on the 6th Floor and has begun installing tiles on the 7th Floor.
Dental School :
- Durr Construction began back filling and spreading sand on the HDC Daycare (#124) site where the slab was removed.
- Concrete Busters demolished the HDC Administration Bldg (#138) and began placing the debris in dumpsters.
- Sherlocks Construction began running cables and wiring the fire alarm system in the temporary bookstore.
- They finished wiring the new electric panel for the lights and outlets.
- Schindler Elevator continued adjusting Elevator #8 in the Administration Building.
- Securitas is waiting for parts needed to finish the installation of the intercom and camera systems at the Clinic Building entrances.
- They began pulling wires through the lobby for the access controls that will be installed on the Administration Building first floor doors.
- The crews trenched and began installing pipe for the irrigation system on the S. Roman St. side of the Residence Hall.