Tuesday, March 25, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave.:
- Elevator #8 has been inspected by the State Elevator Inspector and certified for normal use.
- Stratos finished installing the flooring for Elevator #3.
- The contractor is working on punch-list items for Elevators #1, #2, & #3.
- They are installing guard rails in the penthouse and applying touch-up paint on the lobby doors for Elevator #3.
- Siemens continues to test the all of the new fire alarm devices.
- They are trouble-shooting and repairing any problems as they are discovered during the testing.
- The contractor is replacing any missing wire mold trim from the 3rd Floor up to the penthouse.
- Zimmer-Eschette finished cleaning on the 1st Floor in the old section on the Charity side of the building and in the Shipping and Receiving area.
- The area passed the visual inspection and was sampled.
- The contractor began prepping and cleaning on the 1st floor in the old section of the building on the I-10 side.
- The contractor continues to remove floor tile on the 2nd Floor (old section) from Suite 214 behind the elevators.
- The painting contractor continues to apply finish paint around the windows and doors on the 3rd Floor in the offices along Tulane Ave. and the center corridor.
- The contractor is applying touch-up paint in the offices on the 4th Floor.
- The contractor continues trimming and installing the edge and corner ceiling tiles on the 6th Floor.
- Royerre Commercial Carpets continued installing new carpet tiles on the 6th Floor in the offices along Tulane Ave. and the center corridor.
- Cove base and transition strips are being installed in the carpeted offices along Tulane Ave.
- The contractor continues to prep the sub-floor and install new carpet tiles on the 8th Floor in the offices along the center corridor.
- Boe-tel is testing the new data connections and network drops for the 7th Floor.
- Sherlocks Construction finished running the data and phone cables for the temporary bookstore cash registers.
- They installed the floor outlets for the cash registers.
- They have received the replacement door to the side offices leading to the Library.
- Schindler received the parts and material to repair the freight elevator. Repairs are underway.
- They also began installing the cab interior and working on the punch list for Elevator #8 in the Administration Building.