Thursday, June 19, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Stratos continues to wire the penthouse controller for Elevator #7.
- Zimmer-Eschette is relocating old furnishings and boxes of office contents on the 5th through the 8th Floors, from the offices along Tulane Ave. and along the center corridor to offices in the rear (old section) of the building.
- Trison Constructors continues to seal the plaster ceilings in the elevator lobbies of the old section of the building on the 2nd and 3rd Floors.
- Zimmer-Eschette is painting the construction walls in the mechanical rooms on the 5th and 6th Floors.
- Hogue and Associates are relocating ceiling light fixtures in the corridors and staging the fixtures in the old section.
- The contractor is removing ballasts from old light fixtures.
- Premiere Source Inc. is detailing the baseboards on the 6th Floor.
- Siemens is assessing the damage to the smoke detectors and fire alarm devices in the elevator pits for Elevators #1, #2, #3, and #7.
- The Herman-Miller Group delivered the soft surface lounge furnishings and staged them in the old section of the building until the remaining renovations are complete.
- Merit Sprinkler Co. is removing the damaged air compressor for the 8th Floor dry pipe system.
Hall 2nd Floor Lobby Renovations:
- Zimmer completed the interior flooring demolition and has begun to build the temporary ramps.
- The new AHU has been delivered and has been set in place. The installation is progressing well.
- The contractor is demolishing the ceiling, old lighting and the existing casework.
Lecture Rooms A & B Enhancements:
- Trison finished running the electrical conduits in the ceilings in both Lecture Rooms.
Cafeteria Terrazzo Honing:
- Premier continues to hone and polish the floors in the cafeteria.
- The crews completed the installation of plants in each of the two side areas in the Student Parking Lot # 2 Pocket Park.
- The planting beds have been mulched.
- Ivy will be installed in the center section after replacement of the large tree.