Monday, July 21, 2008
Clinic Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- The planned shutdown on Saturday went well.
- The fire-proof sleeve was installed between the Entergy vault and the switchgear room for service to new switchgear on the 2nd Floor.
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- Stratos Elevator continues replacing the hoist cables for Elevator #7.
- The contractor continued installing suspended ceilings in several offices, patching and painting offices and working on punch list items.
- The mechanical contractor is installing fan coil units in the lounges on Floors 5, 6 and 7.
- Plumbers are capping piping and installing segregation/shut off valves.
Roman St. Garage:
- The contractor is applying sealant to the 7th Floor.
Perimeter Fence Project:
- The contractor is constructing concrete forms on the corner of Poydras and Bolivar Streets in Student Lot #2 in preparation for pouring the concrete bases for the decorative fence bases.
Hall Lobby Expansion:
- MCC completed the installation of the ductwork for the AHU on the mezzanine level.
- The contractor completed framing and hung dry wall for the new mechanical room.
Hall Walkway Resurfacing:
- The contractor filled the center drains and leveled the area in preparation to receive the material needed to slope the surface.
MDL #5 Renovations:
- The contractor continues to modify the steel support for the new partition track.
- Plumbing demolition continues in the main room.
Floor Lobby Renovations:
- The contractor is grinding the floors to prepare for the installation of the new flooring.
Floor Ceiling Replacement:
- The contractor began framing the fur downs for the Tray ceiling.
- The work on constructing the bulk head that runs the length of the Commons area continued.
- Facility Services electricians continued the electrical rough-in work.
- Crews completed cleaning the ducts on the 4th Floor of the CSRB.
- They are mobilizing to the 3rd Floor.