Monday, August 11, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- The initial honing of the 1st Floor hallway has been completed.
- The light wells have been closed in by the contractor.
- Crews continue dry proofing the enclosures.
- The lighting contractor installed lights in the 7th and 8th Floor rear elevator lobbies.
- Stratos Elevator is continuing to complete repair work on Elevator #4.
- Zimmer-Eschette crews continue patching walls, and painting on the 5th Floor.
- The demolition of the 3rd and 4th Floor annex areas is proceeding.
- LSUHSC Facility Services personnel continue adjusting the old fan coil units, installing locksets, and working on maintenance items throughout the building.
- The new trash compactors were installed at the MEB, Residence Hall and 1542 Tulane Ave.
- The new trash compactor for the Dental School was delivered to the site.
- The LSUHSC electricians continue to complete the electrical rough-in for the new Coffee Kiosk.
- Network cables are still being pulled.
- Additional ductwork is being installed throughout the floor.
Clinic Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- The contractor continues installing door frames on the 7th Floor.
- Crews continue piping in the new 6th Floor AHU on the S. Prieur side of the building.
- Plumbers are roughing in the waste water and domestic water lines in Mens bathroom located on the S. Prieur side of the 6th Floor.
- They are also working on the heating hot water main and branch on the east side of the 6th Floor.
- Electricians are working on pulling the copper cable to run from the Entergy vault on the 1st Floor to the new switchgear on the 2nd Floor.
- The contractor completed the penetration for the new plumbing.
- One quadrant of the new ceiling grid has been installed and the contractor continues work on the remaining quadrants.
Floor Elevator Lobby Renovations:
- Electrical outlets have been moved and centered on the new wood panels.
4th Floor Ceiling Replacement:
- The contractor continues installing the wall angle in the corridors.
- A crew began installing sheetrock on the fur down for the tray ceiling.