Tuesday, August 5, 2008
1542 Tulane Ave. :
- The State Fire Marshal inspected the areas intended for near-term occupancy and granted partial occupancy pending the completion of minor repairs.
- The elevator contractor continues the repair work on Elevator #4.
- Zimmer-Eschette continues patching walls, painting and working on punch list items.\
- Demolition of the fourth floor annex continues.
- The contractor is closing in the old light wells in the rear of the building.
- The insulation contractor continues insulating chilled water piping in the hallways and fan coil units in offices.
- LSUHSC Facility Services continues installing new fan coil units, removing old FCUs, installing locksets, and working on maintenance items throughout the building.
- The terrazzo honing contractor is preparing the hallway on the first floor for the initial honing.
- Niscayah (formerly Securitas) continued wiring and installing new access controls on the 1st Floor.
Perimeter Fencing Project:
- Sample concrete blocks for the decorative fence columns are being fabricated for approval by LSUHSC.
- Needham Roofing continues the installation of roof exhaust vents for the elevator penthouse on the Administration Building .
- The new Residence Hall trash compactor was delivered to the site.
- LSUHSC Facility Services electricians continue the electrical rough-in.
- Auxiliary Enterprises continues rerouting network cables to the rear offices.
- They are preparing to run new cables through the bulk head over to the Circulation Desk side of the Library.
Clinic Building Permanent Repairs and Mitigation:
- The contactor is installing the door frames in the new lab space on the 7th Floor.
- A crew is working above the ceiling of the 5th and on the 6th Floor to install the floor drains and waste lines for the new bathrooms on the S. Prieur St. side of the building.
- Electricians are running conduit above the 5th Floor ceiling to supply power and communications to the new Stryker equipment to be installed on the 6th Floor.
- The CMU wall is being constructed on the 1st Floor outside of the passenger elevator lobby.
- The contractor continues to rough-in the plumbing (gas, air, & vacuum) for the new casework and to cap existing drains.
- The contractor continues working on the electrical rough-in.
Floor Lobby Renovations:
- Contractor crews are framing walls and installing sheetrock in the area around Campus Office Stores on the Bolivar/Perdido St. side of the building.
- They are running wiring for new electrical outlets in center of the wall panels.
Floor Ceiling Replacement:
- The contractor continues installing new ceiling grid in the central corridors of the building.
Hall 2nd Floor Lobby Expansion:
- Steel is being fabricated offsite.
Roman St. Parking
- Auxiliary Enterprises continues rerouting and terminating the wires for the security cameras.