Tuesday, October 14, 2008
- The general contractor continues repairing the ceiling grid in the front hallway on the 5th and 6th Floors.
- The demolition of a cool room on the 5th Floor is in progress.
- A crew continued making drywall repairs in offices on the 3rd Floor.
- The electrical contractor continues installing new light fixtures in conference rooms on the 7th Floor.
- The furniture vendor installed and arranged furniture in offices on the 7th Floor.
- LSUHSC Facility Services personnel are installing new paper towel and soap dispensers in restrooms on all floors.
- They began work on the punch list items in all rooms on the 5th Floor.
DENTAL CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The general contractor continues framing new walls in Auditorium A.
- The electrical subcontractor continues to install junction boxes and to mount hardware for the light fixtures in Auditorium A.
DENTAL CAMPUS 6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The mechanical subcontractor installed vacuum piping for Room 8405.
- The general contractor removed thimbles from the demolished lab casework in Room 8405.
- All of the new trash compactors around campus have been tested and are ready for normal use.
- Landscape grading continues in front of 1542 Tulane Avenue .
- The contractor continues to sheetrock in the elevator lobby and the cafe area.
LIONS/LSU CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical subcontractor insulated the supply duct on the S. Prieur St. side of the 6th Floor.
- They re-piped the raised VAV on the 6th Floor.
- Support carriers for the water closets and urinals in the S. Prieur St. side bathroom on the 1st Floor were installed.
- Supply duct has been run in the mechanical room on the Bolivar St. side of the 1st Floor.
- The electrical subcontractor installed lights and receptacles in the pit for Elevators 2 and 3 on the 1st Floor.
- The iron subcontractor welded the landings on the 3rd and 4th Floors.
- The sprinkler subcontractor installed sprinkler heads on the 6th Floor on the Gravier St. side of the building.
- The casework subcontractor started installing new laboratory casework on the 7th Floor.
- A crew continued sealing wall penetrations in the middle of the 6th Floor.
- Additional door frames were installed on the Gravier St. side of the 6th Floor.
- The new housekeeping pads were framed up in the 2nd Floor mechanical room for the medical air and gas equipment.
- CMU walls have been installed on the S. Prieur St. side of the 1st Floor.
MEB MDL-5 LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The network wiring contractor tested the new data cables and connections.
- The audio/visual subcontractor installed four 65â€ LCD monitors in MDL 5.
MEB 2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor skimmed coated the pans of the honeycomb ceiling.
MEB 4th FLOOR CEILING REPLACEMENT:
- The contractor installed four large return air grilles.
RESIDENCE HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The contractor built the concrete form for the storefront curb at the Bolivar St. entrance.
RESIDENCE HALL ELEVATED WALKWAY RESURFACING:
- The contractor placed three more sections of the stamped concrete surface.