Monday, October 6, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor completed installing new suspended ceiling grid and tiles in the 8th and 7th floor elevator lobbies.
- Crews started taping and floating the sheetrock walls in the lounges on the 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th Floors.
- The painting contractor continued painting offices on Floors 5 through 7.
- The electrical contractor began installing new light fixtures in the elevator lobbies on 5th and 6th floors.
- LSUHSC Facility Services electricians made systems furniture connections on offices on the 6th Floor.
- Facility Services engineers continued troubleshooting fan coil units on 6th Floor.
- Facility Services grounds crews continued making new water and electrical connections for the landscape irrigation being installed at the front of the building.
CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The general contractor is repairing the block wall at the entrance to the Auditoriums.
- The electrical subcontractor continues to pull new wiring for the electrical service in Auditorium A.
CAMPUS 6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The mechanical subcontractor resumed the installation of gas piping for Room 8405.
- The contractor has completed framing up the walls in the multimedia rooms.
- LSUHSC electricians completed the electrical rough-in work in the multimedia rooms.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical subcontractor is insulating new supply lines, return lines, supply duct and heating hot water lines on the Gravier St. side of the 6th Floor,
- Branch lines are being run to the in VAV on the 6th Floor by the simulation rooms.
- A crew is re-piping the VAV on the 6th Floor by simulation rooms.
- A 4 inch waste line is being run from the floor drain for the fire pump; allowing it to be moved it up to the 2nd Floor.
- Crews are installing the sump pump and pipe in elevators 2 and 3 on the 1st Floor in the elevator pit.
- The electrical subcontractor is running cable on the 1st Floor to supply the new switchgear.
- They are installing a new breaker box on the 2nd Floor in the mechanical room on the S. Prieur St. side of the building.
- Conduit on the 6th Floor that is in the way of the supports and track for the movable wall panels is being re-routed.
- The iron subcontractor is welding the taps on the steel stairwell structure on the 4th and 5th Floors.
- The steel supports for the removable wall panels in the large lecture room are being installed.
- The contractor installed floor tiles in the 7th Floor lab over the weekend and continued the installation today.
- Crews are installing door frames on the CSRB side of the 6th Floor.
- They are sealing wall penetrations on the CSRB side of the 6th Floor.
- Metal corner guards are being installed on the 6th Floor.
- The CMU walls are going up on the 1st Floor by the interior stairwell on the S. Prieur St. side of the building.
- The plumbing subcontractor completed connecting the medical air/gas/vac lines for the new turrets (valves) in the main MDL room and continues to work in Room 4109.
- The contractor is installing the white board in the main MDL room.
4th FLOOR CEILING REPLACEMENT:
- The contractor has installed fire sprinklers caps in the Gravier Street corridors.