Thursday, October 9, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor continued taping and floating the sheetrock walls in the lounges on the 5th Floor.
- The painting contractor continues painting restrooms on all floors.
- The electrical contractor continued installing new light fixtures in offices on the 6th Floor.
- The furniture vendor arranged new furniture in offices on the 6th Floor along the center hallway and removed packaging materials.
- The terrazzo contractor continues honing floors on the 1st Floor by Shipping and Receiving.
- LSUHSC Facility Services continued piping connections for the landscape irrigation.
CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The general contractor is constructing the new block walls for the air handling unit room.
- Crews are framing the new ceilings in Auditoriums A & B.
- The electrical subcontractor continues to install junction boxes and to mount hardware for light fixtures in Auditorium A.
CAMPUS 6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The electrical subcontractor is installing receptacle boxes on the exterior walls in Room 8405.
CAMPUS ROOF REPLACEMENT:
- Contractor continues installing new cap sheets over roofing areas marred by foot traffic.
- The contractor continues to hang sheetrock.
- LSUHSC electricians are installing light fixture frames in the ceiling near the elevators.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical subcontractor is insulating supply duct, VAV, and heating hot water supply and return lines by the simulation rooms on the 6th Floor.
- A crew is running supply duct and return duct for the AHU in the mechanical room on the Bolivar St. Side of the 1st Floor.
- They are checking the connections for the bathrooms and the VAV boxes on the 6th Floor.
- The med gas pipe that was damaged by the sheetrock installation on the 7th Floor is being repaired and re-tested.
- Crews continue installing piping outside of the elevator lobby to connect to the sump pump that will be installed in the pit of Elevator 1 and 4.
- The electrical subcontractor is installing conduit for the new breaker box on the 2nd Floor in the S. Prieur St. side electrical room.
- They are wiring the AHU located in the mechanical room on the Bolivar St. side of the 1st Floor.
- The iron subcontractor set the stairs and rails on the 4th and 5th Floors and tack welded them in place.
- They are welding the saddles on the 3rd Floor.
- The sprinkler subcontractor is moving sprinkler heads on the CSRB side of the 6th Floor.
- The contractor is installing ceiling grid on the 7th Floor.
- Wall penetrations on the Gravier St. side of the 6th Floor are being sealed.
- Additional sheetrock is being hung on the 6th Floor.
- A crew is installing ceiling wire on the Bolivar St. side of the 6th Floor.
- They continue to install the CMU walls on the 1st Floor by the bathrooms on the S. Prieur St. side.
- The casework contractor completed the installation of laminate countertop in the main MDL room and in Room 4109.
- The contractor is working on general cleaning.
4th FLOOR CEILING REPLACEMENT:
- The contractor is completing the fire sprinkler work.
HALL WALKWAY RESURFACING:
- The contractor has completed four of seven sections of the stamped concrete surface.