Friday, November 21, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor continued work on the ceiling grid in the 7th Floor hallway.
- The construction cleaning contractor continued cleaning the stairwells and restrooms on all floors.
- The elevator contractor continued removing the protective film on Elevator 7 and removed the plywood sheathing in Elevators 3 and 8.
- The furniture vendor continued installing cabinets in the lounge on the 7th Floor and set up Conference Rooms 728 and 756.
- The network wiring contractor continued new data wiring on the 6th Floor.
- The window glass contractor continued replacing broken windows on all floors.
- Facility Services continued minor repairs on various floors.
CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The general contractor removed the concrete forms for the riser seating in Auditorium B and entry stairs in Auditorium A.
- The mechanical contractor installed chilled water pipes to one of two AHUs.
- The general contractor sanded the walls in Auditorium A.
- Facility Services completed wiring connections for the bollard lights in front of 1542 Tulane Ave.
- The contractor finished the installation of the ceiling grid in the smaller multimedia room.
- Siemens installed all but one of the new thermostats.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical subcontractor insulated chilled and heating hot water lines on the east side of the 1st Floor.
- They continued installing pipe for the new medical air and vacuum compressors that will be installed on the 2nd Floor.
- The contractor grouted restroom wall tiles on the 6th Floor.
- A crew installed door frames and glass on the north side of the 6th Floor.
- Sheetrock is being hung in the freight elevator vestibule on the 6th Floor.
- They continued to install CMU on the 1st Floor, southeast corner.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor taped and floated sheetrock on the north walls by the storage areas, the restrooms, and the southeast stairwell.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The contractor removed existing 2x4 wall-mount light fixtures at the corner of Perdido and S. Roman.
- The contractor completed hanging plywood for the temporary wall.