Wednesday, December 3, 2008
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The electrical contractor continued installing new light fixtures in the conference rooms on the 2nd and 3rd Floors.
- The elevator contractor continued removing the protective film from Elevator 3.
- The general contractor continued drywall taping and preparation in Room 545.
- The painting contractor continued painting the front stairwell on the Charity end of the hall.
- The network wiring contractor continued wiring new drops on the 5th Floor.
- Facility Services sealed old exhaust duct wall penetrations on the exterior walls facing the Lakeside Lot and continued making minor repairs on various floors.
- Electricians ran new conduit for additional exterior lighting that will be installed at the rear of the building.
CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor completed the concrete finishing work for the stairs in Auditorium B.
- The mechanical contractor installed the drain line to the AHU for Auditorium B.
6th & 8th FLOOR LABORATORY RENOVATIONS:
- The electrical contractor connected wiring for the junction boxes above the ceiling in Suite 8405 .
- LSUHSC Facility Services crews performed landscape maintenance around the downtown campus.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The mechanical subcontractor installed more thermostats on the 6th Floor.
- They continued demolishing ductwork and water pipes in the 6th Floor lab and glass pipe on the 2nd Floor.
- Heating hot water and chilled water pipes on the Bolivar St. side of the 1st Floor are being insulated.
- The electrical subcontractor continued to remove the old conduits in the 6th Floor lab.
- They ran conduit to ATS 1 and 2 from the 2nd Floor to the new switchgear and installed conduit for the lights and exhaust fans in the stairwell.
- The sprinkler subcontractor installed stand pipe in the stairwell sprinklers.
- The contractor taped and floated sheetrock in the 6th Floor simulation rooms.
- Crews installed metal studs and sheetrock for the fur down on the S. Prieur/Gravier St. side of the 6th Floor.
- They also installed metal studs and sheetrock on the 2nd Floor and metal lathe on the 1st Floor.
- The CMU wall on the 1st Floor is being plastered.
- Wall tile is being installed in the restrooms on the 1st Floor.
- They pressure washed the new stairwell.
- LSU electricians installed light fixture supports in the ceiling near the windows.
2ND FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The sprinkler subcontractor installed sprinkler pipe on the Roman St. side of the lobby.
MDL 6 RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor removed the remaining VCT tiles from the main MDL room.
- They finished capping existing plumbing below the floor in the main MDL room.
- Existing receptacles in the main MDL room were disconnected and capped.
- The contractor de-installed the existing LCD panels and projector screens from the main MDL room.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The contractor removed the existing frame where the temporary wall was built and installed two vertical frames near the double sliding door.