January 26, 2009
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor installed carpet and cove base in Room 443.
- They continued drywall installation in the 2nd Floor lounge and framing new walls in the 1st Floor lounge.
- The mechanical contractor removed old fan coil units and installed new units in Rooms 419 and 453.
- Facility Services continued painting offices and hallways on the 4th Floor, installing new door hardware on the 3rd Floor.
- They continued completing minor repairs on the 1st and 4th Floors.
CAMPUS AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The mechanical contractor insulated the Auditorium B air handling unit.
6th & 8th FLOOR RENOVATIONS:
- The paint contractor applied the 2nd coat of paint on all walls on the 8th Floor and primed the walls on the 6th Floor.
- The sprinkler contractor replaced the sprinkler heads in Rooms 8405B through 8405K.
- The general contractor installed the ceiling grid in Rooms 8405J and 8405H and installed the wall angle in Room 8405A.
- The contractor installed fence posts in the lot at the corner of Gravier St and S Claiborne Ave.
- Facility Services commenced planting shrubs in the back of the Resource Center Building .
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The electrical subcontractor installed conduit and junction boxes on the 5th and 6th Floors for the generator electrical lines on the Bolivar St. side chase.
- They continued installing wire and junction boxes for the fire alarm devices and installing exit fixtures on the S. Prieur St side of the 6th Floor.
- The mechanical subcontractor set sinks on the 6th Floor, S. Prieur St. side restrooms.
- They installed supply duct and insulated heating hot water lines and supply duct on the 6th Floor, Bolivar St. side.
- The contractor installed wall tile on the 1st Floor, Gravier/Bolivar St. side.
- They installed countertops in the 6th Floor Bolivar and S. Prieur St. side restrooms.
- They installed restroom partitions in the 6th Floor bathrooms on the Bolivar S. side.
- Crews removed ceiling grid and started installing a temporary plastic barrier in Rooms 901, 908, and 910.
- Others applied the finishing paint coat to the 5th and 6th Floors of the new stairwell.
- The contractor installed the door frame for the main entrance.
- They painted doorframes and continue to tape and finish the walls and ceiling at the elevator lobby.
2ND FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor taped and floated sheetrock on the Bolivar Street side of the lobby.
MDL 6 RENOVATIONS:
- The contractors continued patching and floating the walls and installed ceiling tiles in the main MDL room.
PHARMACOLOGY LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The electrical contractor ran conduit in the laboratory area.
- The mechanical contractor capped natural gas lines in the laboratory and administrative areas.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The contractors completed removing existing frames from the old storefront system.
- They completed installing sheetrock for the soffit in the corner of S. Roman and Perdido lobby.
- A crew continued to clean the exterior side of the new glass on the Perdido St. side.