Friday, January 30, 2009
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The mechanical contractor continued piping new fan coil units in rooms on the 2nd and 3rd Floors.
- The network wiring contractor continued installation of new network drops on the 4th Floor.
- The painting contractor continued painting exterior and stairwell doors.
- Facility Services continued painting offices and hallways on the 4th Floor and continued installing the new electrical conduit for exterior lighting by the Shipping and Receiving entrance.
6th & 8th FLOOR RENOVATIONS:
- The general contractor installed ceiling grid in Rooms 6333 and 6335, and installed corner guards around columns in Room 8405B.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The contractor installed curtain wall metal on the 1st Floor of the new exterior stairwell, on the Bolivar Street side of the structure.
- Crews continued removing the old floor from the elevator lobby on the 6th Floor.
- Marker board trays were installed on the 6th Floor.
- They continued installing sheetrock and door frames on the 6th Floor, Gravier St./Bolivar St. side and grouting the wall tile on the 1st floor.
- The sprinkler subcontractor began piping the distribution lines in the new stairwell.
- The mechanical subcontractor installed storm drain pipe in the new stairwell on the 2nd and 3rd Floors.
- They installed fire dampers on the 2nd Floor, CSRB side.
- Crews continue to insulate heating hot water lines on the 6th Floor, Bolivar St. side.
- The contractor continued to tape and float drywall in various areas.
MDL 6 RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor continued leveling the concrete subflooring in the main lab.
PHARMACOLOGY LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The general contractor continued to install sheetrock and insulation in the laboratory area.
- The electrical contractor installed additional conduit in the laboratory area.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The interior contractor installed sheetrock for the fur down in the Perdido St./Bolivar St. corner of the lobby.
- The enclosure contractor continued installed the horizontal exterior mullions.
- They installed break metal track for the underside of the storefront and caulked the Perdido St. perimeter.
- They have begun to remove the temporary wall.
HALL WALKWAY RESURFACING:
- The contractor applied the first coat of stain on the walkway surface.