Friday, March 13, 2009
- The electrical contractor continued the electrical rough-in in the 1st Floor lounge.
- The glass contractor continued trim work on the new storefront in the 1st Floor lounge.
- The mechanical contractor continued installing new fan coil units on the 3rd Floor.
- The painting contractor continued patching offices on the 2nd Floor.
- LSUHSC Facility Services continued making repairs on the 1st and 3rd Floors and connecting electrical service for fan coil units on the 3rd Floor.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The contractor continued prepping the freight elevator for new flood proofing.
- They continued installing cabinets for the reception desk on the 6th Floor and began installing the wood for the reception desk countertop.
- Crews continued installing exterior granite on the new stairwell, caulking the glass on the stairwell, installing sheet vinyl in the simulation labs and installing VCT in the CSRB side hallway.
- The contractor began applying the color enhancer to the granite walls on the 1st Floor, Gravier Street side.
- The mechanical contractor piped in the medical air/gas/vacuum ceiling boxes in the 6th Floor simulation rooms and continued installing supply and return grilles in the 6th Floor computer lounge.
- The sprinkler subcontractor continued installing sprinkler heads in the 6th floor computer lounge.
- The contractor installed supports for the acoustical ceiling baffles.
- Workers installed base molding in the study area and in the elevator lobby.
- LSUHSC Facility Services continued installing the drains for the coffee kiosk.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor continued installing light fixtures throughout the lobby area.
- LSUHSC employees began labeling wire that needs to be re-routed in the open ceiling.
PHARMACOLOGY LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor continued installing ceiling grid in the administrative area and exhaust ductwork in the corridor.
- The contractor modified sprinkler heads in the lab area.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The contractor continued framing the fur down in back lobby area in Tower A.
- The contractor installed pendant light fixtures in the back lobby area in Tower C.
- They continued running fire alarm wires between the A & B tower lobby areas.
- The enclosure contractor installed glass for both sliding doors.
6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The cabinet installers installed the remaining counter tops for the peninsulas in Suite 8405A and 8405B.
- The network wiring crew installed the network wiring in Rooms 8405H, 8405I, and 8405J.
- The plumbing contractor installed sink connections (hot water, cold water, and drain) for the sinks in Rooms 8405F and 8405G.
- The contractor installed relief valves for the new boiler.