Thursday, March 19, 2009
1542 Tulane Ave.:
- The general contractor continued painting in Rooms 109H, 111 and 111A.
- They continued ceiling work in Room 111 and completed the ceiling in 111A.
- The painting contractor continued painting offices on the 2nd Floor.
- Facility Services continued repairs on the 1st and 3rd Floors and installing thermostats for fan coil units on the 3rd Floor.
Exterior / Landscaping
- Facility Services removed existing vegetation in the rear of the Resource Center along S. Prieur Street.
Lions/LSU Clinic Permanent Repairs & Mitigation:
- The contractor installed laminate on the fur down above the work stations in the computer lounge area.
- Workers began installing the window frames by the new stairwell door on the 6th Floor Gravier Street side.
- A crew continued placing concrete forms for the freight elevator
flood proofing wall.
- They continued installing exterior granite on the 3rd level of the new stairwell.
- Additional carpet was installed in the large conference room.
- Workers continued framing the wall near the 5th Floor for the new stairwell.
- The mechanical contractor tested medical air/gas/vacuum lines to the Stryker equipment in the simulation rooms.
- The electrical contractor installed wire mold in the control rooms and installed cable for Stryker equipment from the control rooms to the 5th Floor Stryker rack.
- Contractor continued to install the magazine rack.
- Facility Services installed additional light switches.
MEB 2nd Floor Lobby Renovations:
- The contractor continued installing lights and patched sheetrock.
- The contractor tested the sprinkler on the second floor.
MEB Pharmacology Lab Renovations:
- The contractor modified sprinkler heads in the lab area.
- The flooring contractor installed VCT in the lab area.
- The mechanical contractor installed diffusers in the lab area.
Residence Hall Lobby Expansion:
- The contractor continued taping and floating the fur down in back lobby area of Tower A.
Allied Health/Nursing Roof Replacement:
- The contractor continued installing foam insulation on the elevator penthouse.