THURSDAY, MARCH 26, 2009
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor continued demolition in Rooms 341, 342 and 343.
- Workers are hanging drywall in the 2nd Floor lounge.
- A crew began making wall repairs in Rooms 235K and 235M.
- The electrical contractor continued the electrical rough-in for lighting in the 1st Floor lounge.
- The elevator contractor had the final inspection on Elevators 1, 2, and 3 with Facility Planning and Control.
- An inspection by the State Elevator Inspector will be scheduled in the next 30 days.
- The mechanical contractor installed a new fan coil unit in Room 343.
- Facility Services continued painting and making electrical repairs on the 1st and 3rd Floors.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The contractor began installing ceiling grid in the 1st Floor elevator lobbies.
- Workers began painting the plaster walls on the 1st Floor, CSRB side.
- Crews continued installing countertops on the 6th Floor, Gravier Street side.
- Block walls for flood proofing are being installed in the freight elevator shaft on the 1st Floor.
- Additional floor tile was installed in the computer lounge and in the 6th Floor elevator lobby.
- The electrical contractor continued removing the old feeder cable from the 1st Floor switchgear room.
- Stryker continued installing the booms and equipment in the 6th Floor simulation rooms.
- AT&T installed telephone blocks and began wiring from the entrance cable to the AT&T side of the telephone blocks.
- The contractor installed all of the display cases and decorative screens in the feature wall.
- They continue to trim out the display cases.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor moved receptacles in the walls for the wall panel installation and provided the power to the automatic doors.
- The general contractor is completing the final cleanup.
PHARMACOLOGY LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor installed fire alarms in the lab area.
- The contractor continued floating the drywall in the closet.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The interior contractor continued skim coating the plaster wall in the C Tower lobby.
- The electrical contractor roughed in for fire alarms and smoke detectors in the expanded lobby area.
AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATION:
- The electrical contractor installed the wall-mounted light fixtures in Auditorium A.
- The mechanical contractor installed the return air louver for the AHU room in Auditorium A.
6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The fire alarm contractor installed the new fire alarm devices in Suite 8405 .
- The general contractor cleaned the floors and cabinets, and applied touch-up paint on the walls in Rooms 6333 and 6335.