Friday, March 6, 2009
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- Facilities personnel demolished fan coil units and associated piping in Rooms 109H, 110, 111, 341, 342 and 343.
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The contractor installed carpet on the CSRB side of the 6th Floor.
- Crews installed ceiling wires and grid on the 6th Floor in the computer lounge area.
- They continued installing the wall around the new roll up fire door on the 6th Floor.
- Exterior glass continues to be installed on the exterior of the new stairwell.
- The mechanical contractor roughed in the waste and water lines for the restroom on the Bolivar St. side of the 1st Floor,
- They tested all of the diesel fuel lines that run from the roof to the 1st Floor.
- Crews continued installing fuel pipes on the CSRB side of the 1st Floor.
- They continue installing supply and return grilles on the 6th Floor, Gravier Street side.
- The sprinkler contractor continued installing sprinkler heads on the 6th Floor, Gravier Street side.
- The contractor finished installed the new window shades.
- They continue to paint the composite wall panels in the small multimedia room and install the wooden ceiling trim in the study area.
- The installation of the display cases at the feature wall is proceeding.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor installed sheetrock around the new door frames.
PHARMACOLOGY LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor continued painting in the administration area.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The mechanical contractor began running sprinkler pipes in the expanded lobby area.
- The flooring contractor applied primer and another layer of leveling concrete in the expanded lobby area.
SCHOOL A and B AUDITORIUM RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor sanded and prepped the new wing walls in Auditoriums A & B for painting.
6th & 8th FLOOR LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor installed base cabinets and rolling tables for the lab furniture in Rooms 8405C, 8405D, 8405F, and 8405G.
- Crews installed base cabinets and countertops in Room 6335 and installed new laminated wall panels in the corridor to close the original door opening.
- The contractor installed the electrical disconnect for new boiler and fabricated additional gas and steam piping for connecting the boiler to the building systems.
HEALTH/NURSING ROOF REPLACEMENT:
- The contractor continues to remove the old ballast (gravel) from the roof.