Tuesday, April 21,
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The general contractor continues installing the ceiling grid in Rooms 341, 342 and 343.
- They continue finishing the new drywall in the 1st Floor lounge.
- The walls in the auditorium are being primed.
- Repairs to the 3rd Floor hallway ceiling grid are underway.
- The cleaning contractor began cleaning offices along the center hallway on the 3rd Floor.
- The network wiring contractor completed installing new data drops on the 3rd Floor.
- The roll-up door contractor completed the punch list items and made final adjustments to the parking garage roll-up door.
- Facility Services continued making electrical repairs on the 1st and 3rd Floors.
- They finished installing new locks and hardware on Rooms 110, 111 and 111A.
- Crews continued painting the 3rd Floor.
- LSUHSC Facility Services completed installing irrigation piping and sprinklers and began grading the planting beds at the corner of S. Roman St. and Perdido St .
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- The contractor placed epoxy on the S. Prieur and CSRB sides of the 1st Floor.
- Crews installed wall and floor tile on the Bolivar St. side of the 1st Floor.
- They installed restroom tile on the 1st Floor Bolivar St. side of the building.
- Workers framed and sheet rocked the shaft walls of the new stairwell on the 5th and 6th levels.
- A crew continued to install granite pavers at the base of the exterior stairwell.
- Works are insulating the new stairwell.
- The electrical contractor ran wire from the controller to the motor for the fire pump.
- They rewired the tamper proof switches for the fire pump controller and removed the tombstones in the simulation room on the 6th Floor.
- The furniture contractor began placing the new furniture.
- The contractor began removing the restroom partitions.
- The contractor continued repairing the custom furniture.
- LSUHSC Facility Services electricians installed lights in the coffee kiosk.
- The contractor demolished ceiling grids and tiles, removed light fixtures, and disconnected receptacle outlets.
- The A/V contractor de-installed the old LCD and speakers in the main MDL lab area.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor installed the fur down across from the elevators and removed the loose wire in the open ceiling areas.
- The wall panel contractor installed wall panels along the Medical Center Stores wall.
PHARMACOLOGY LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The casework contractor completed touch up work to the casework in the administrative and lab areas.
- The plumbing contractor continued installing the sinks in the administrative area.
- The contractor applied the final coat of paint in the department headâ€™s office.
HEALTH/NURSING RE-ROOFING PROJECT:
- The contractor installed insulation and a cap on a 40-foot section of the roof parallel to Perdido Street .
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The interior contractor hung ceiling wires in the expanded lobby area.
- They prepared the concrete wall to in-set the wall-mounted fire alarm devices.
AUDITORIUM A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The electrical contractor installed additional conduit and junction boxes in the crosswalk outside Room 4202.