THURSDAY, MAY 21, 2009
1542 TULANE AVE. :
- The contractor primed the new wall in the 1st Floor lobby area that leads to the basement,
- The carpet for the 2nd Floor lounge was laid.
- Facility Services personnel continued painting on the 3rd and 4th Floors.
- Facility Services completed planting and mulching around the MEB at the corner of Perdido and S. Roman Streets and mulched planting beds along Bolivar Street .
CLINIC PERMANENT REPAIRS AND MITIGATION:
- Electricians connected the new fire pump and power conditioner that serves the 3rd and 4th Floors to the new switchgear.
- The contractor wired and terminated fire alarm devices on the 5th and 6th level of the new stairwell and installed the firemans override switch on the 1st Floor fire command station.
- Workers installed ceiling tile on the 6th level of the new stairwell and continued building the 1st Floor knee walls at the stairwell.
HALL LOBBY EXPANSION:
- The floor contractor completed installation of approximately 80% of the floor tiles between the B & C lobby areas.
- The interior contractor roughed in for the pendant light fixtures in the Perdido St. and S. Roman St. back corner lobby area.
AIR HANDLING UNIT REPLACEMENT:
- The contractor cored and installed new drains in the A and C riser mechanical rooms and installed the weather-tight NEMA-4 enclosure for the RTU #2 control panel.
MDL 3 RENOVATION:
- The contractor completed framing around the steel track for sound insulation.
- They continued stubbing up plumbing for the new casework.
2nd FLOOR LOBBY RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor continued installing wooden wall panels near the elevators.
PHARMACOLOGY LAB RENOVATIONS:
- The network wiring contractor continued pulling network wires in the lab area.
- The contractor continued installing the exhaust ductwork.
HEALTH/NURSING BLDG RE-ROOFING PROJECT:
- The contractor installed the one-ply roofing sheet on the parapet wall along the MEB and Bolivar St sides.
- Workers installed roof drain flashing at all drains.
AUDITORIUMS A & B RENOVATIONS:
- The contractor installed acoustical wall panels in Auditorium A.
- The contractor pulled wired and energized the emergency panel X4RC.
- The A/V contractor pulled additional wires from the auditoriums to Room 4208 outside the new rack Room 4202B.