A new selection of articles has been added to the Faculty Publications display in the Ische Library. These eight articles, as well as all of the articles in our Faculty Publications database, are authored by at least one member of our research community here at LSUHSC-New Orleans. Each month the Library is proud to present copies of eight of these publications in a rotating display of 16. They can be viewed in the Reference area, on the wall between the main entrance and the Library elevator, on the third floor of the Resource Center Building.
Here is a list of the newest articles to be featured, with the LSUHSC-NO researchers in bold print:
- Alund AW, Mercer KE, Suva LJ, Pulliam CF, Chen JR, Badger TM, Van Remmen H, Ronis MJ. Reactive oxygen species differentially regulate bone turnover in an age-specific manner in catalase transgenic female mice. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2016;358(1):50-60.
- Chen C, Breslin MB, Lan MS. Ectopic expression of a small cell lung cancer transcription factor, INSM1 impairs alveologenesis in lung development. BMC Pulm Med. 2016;1649-016-0215-3.
- Dosunmu EF, Chaudhari AA, Bawage S, Bakeer MK, Owen DR, Singh SR, Dennis VA, Pillai SR. Novel cationic peptide TP359 down-regulates the expression of outer membrane biogenesis genes in pseudomonas aeruginosa: A potential TP359 anti-microbial mechanism. BMC Microbiol. 2016;16(1):192-016-0808-2.
- Eggart MD, Greene C, Fannin ES, Roberts OA. A 14-year review of socioeconomics and sociodemographics relating to intracerebral abscess, subdural empyema, and epidural abscess in Southeastern Louisiana. Neurosurgery. 2016;79(2):265-9.
- El Hajj EC, El Hajj MC, Ninh VK, Gardner JD. Featured article: Cardioprotective effects of lysyl oxidase inhibition against volume overload-induced extracellular matrix remodeling. Exp Biol Med. 2016;241(5):539-549.
- Gao J, Kerut EK, Smart F, Katsurada A, Seth D, Navar LG, Kapusta DR. Sympathoinhibitory effect of radiofrequency renal denervation in spontaneously hypertensive rats with established hypertension. Am J Hypertens. 2016;[epub ahead of print].
- LeCour L,Jr, Boyapati VK, Liu J, Li Z, Sacks DB, Worthylake DK. The structural basis for Cdc42-induced dimerization of IQGAPs. Structure. 2016;24(9):1499-1508.
- Loupe JM, Miller PJ, Bonner BP, Maggi EC, Vijayaraghavan J, Crabtree JS, Taylor CM, Zabaleta J, Hollenbach AD. Comparative transcriptomic analysis reveals the oncogenic fusion protein PAX3-FOXO1 globally alters mRNA and miRNA to enhance myoblast invasion. Oncogenesis. 2016;5(7):e246.
Publications cited in the Faculty Publications database are harvested weekly from a variety of sources, such as PubMed, SCOPUS, and CINAHL, to name a few. In addition to articles they include books, book chapters, papers, editorials, letters to the editor, and meeting abstracts, all authored by at least one member of the LSUHSC-NO community. The database is maintained by Reference Librarian Kathy Kerdolff and is available to the general public here or via the Library’s webpage. For a PDF of a bibliography of this month’s additions, click here. If you have an article you would like us to highlight or if you have any questions regarding the display or the database, you can contact Kathy Kerdolff.
Please come to the Library and view these recent publications by our research community.