In this topic you will learn the Online Attendance Certification - Employee process.
Beginning December 1, 2016 through February 1, 2017, LSUNO will implement the use of an online time certification process for all salaried employees. Departments will be notified of their scheduled rollout date. The online process will replace the current paper/email process for certifying attendance.
Outlook will be used as the means of notifying employees that certification is required via email. The employee will certify his/her attendance within PeopleSoft Self-Service.
NOTE: Attendance Certification must be completed by the 10th of each month.
On the 5th of each month, you will receive the email displayed here.
The Email notification life cycle is defined as follows:
• 5th of each month - an email notification will be sent to employees requesting that they electronically sign their attendance certification statement.
• 9th of each month – email reminder sent to those that have not yet certified.
• 11th of each month - Supervisors will receive an email notification to certify attendance for each of their direct reports. The email will provide the status of each direct report’s certification.
NOTE: Supervisor Overrides: In the event that an employee is on extended leave and unable to certify, Supervisors can still complete their required certification by providing an override reason (transfer, termination, extended leave, FMLA) and comments explaining the need for the override. When the employee returns s/he can certify for previous months.
• 14th of each month - Supervisors failing to certify for one or more employees will receive a reminder.
NOTE: If the employee and/or supervisor have not certified by the 15th, overdue notices will be sent.
• 15th of each month - Employees failing to certify receive an Overdue Notice. Their supervisor is also notified that the employee’s certification is overdue.
• 20th of each month – Supervisors failing to certify for their direct reports receive an Overdue Notice. Their immediate supervisor also receives a notice.
• 25th of each month – HR is notified of all employees and supervisors who have not certified.
Review the Leave Reported data for accuracy.
Review the certification message located above the Certification History section. By clicking the Submit button, you are attesting that the information provided is correct.
A confirmation message displays.
On the 25th of each month, Human Resource Management (HRM) is notified of all employees who have not certified their attendance for the indicated month.
On the 9th of each month, employees will receive the email displayed here as a reminder to certify their attendance.
NOTE: Complete steps 3 - 10 to certify attendance.
On the 11th of each month, Supervisors will receive the email displayed here showing each direct report's attendance certification status.
On the 15th of each month, employees who have failed to certify will receive the Overdue Notice displayed here. The employee's Supervisor will also be notified that the employee's certification is overdue.
NOTE: Complete steps 3 - 10 to certify time.
Additional Email Notifications
Click the Submit button to certify your time.
NOTE: If the information provided is not correct, do not click the Submit button and notify your Supervisor of any discrepancies.
This completes Online Time Certification - Employee.