In this topic you will learn how to View & Print the Requisition Budgetary Activity Report to HTML.
NOTE: This report will retrieve information on Requisitions submitted to Purchasing from your Department, for a specified period of time. You will be able to view any remaining pre-encumbrance amounts in this report.
Click Purchasing link.
The first time you use this method, you will need to create a Run Control ID in order to access the Process Scheduler. Click on the Add a New Value tab or hyperlink to create the Run Control ID.
The system defaults you into the Find an Existing Value tab. On all subsequent prints, you will use the Find an Existing Value tab to search for existing Run Control IDs.
See the Create/Find a Run Control topic in the Encumbrance Basics section for additional information.
The Report Request Parameters page displays. The user will enter or select the Report Request Parameters.
NOTE: If you had selected an existing Run Control ID, the above page would contain the parameters from the last time you ran the report.
To eliminate retrieving all Requisitions for all 11 Business Units, the minimum entries required are the following:
• Business Unit
• The DeptID or Project/Grant, if applicable. If Project/Grant is entered, there is no need to enter any other parts of the ChartString since a Project/Grant number is tied to only one ChartString.
Enter the desired information into the Business Unit field. Enter "LSUSH".
Enter the desired information into the Budget Date From field. Enter "010116".
NOTE: If this involves a Project/Grant, you may retrieve information since the inception of the Project/Grant.
For all documents for a specific fiscal year, enter 07-01-XX to 06-30-XX in the From and To fields.
The user will specify the Remaining Amount fields as follows:
• If you wish to view all of your Department’s Requisitions, generated during a specific period, regardless of the balance (i.e. those with a Remaining Balance of Zero, as well as those not equal to a Remaining Balance of Zero), do not specify an operand and accept the default entry of 0 (Zero) in the Remaining Balance field;
• You may specify an operand and enter the dollar amount in the adjacent field or accept the default entry of 0 (Zero); or
• For the purposes of managing encumbrances, the user will select “Not Equal” (< >) to a Remaining Amount of 0 (Zero) so that only the Requisition Lines with a Remaining Amount (including credits) will be retrieved.
Enter ChartField Options
The user may enter a single or multiple ChartFields.
• If the user wishes to specify a different ChartField value than what is displayed in the ChartField field, he/she should click the ChartField lookup button and select another value (Account, Dept ID, Fund, Program, Class Project ID, etc.);
• If the user wishes to specify more than one ChartField value, he/she will need to click the Add a New Row (+) button to insert an additional row(s) and select the appropriate values.
• If the user wishes to run the report to view all Requisitions for his/her Business Unit, click the Delete a Row (-) button to delete the row indicating the ChartField value.
Enter the desired information into the From ChartField Value field. Enter "1103500".
NOTE: Before adding additional rows, click the SAVE BUTTON to save the changes made on the first row. Failure to SAVE before adding the additional row will change the first row data back to the default setting.
To add additional ChartField values, click the Add a new row at row 1 button.
Click the Look up ChartField button for row 2.
NOTE: The values entered in the Requisition Budgetary Activity Parameter page, in this example, will retrieve only those Requisitions, for the Department and Budget Dates specified, with a Remaining Amount not equal to 0 (Zero).
Select the PSNT option.
Click the Refresh button until the process is complete (i.e. Run Status = Success and Distribution Status = Posted).
Click the Administration tab to access the report.
This action opens a new window.
As specified in the Requisition Budgetary Activity Parameter page, only the Requisition line(s) with a Remaining Amount are retrieved. This will make it easier for the user to analyze the report when determining the pre-encumbrances that need to be closed or adjusted.
Pre-Encumbrance Tips: If the user finds that a pre-encumbrance remains (even after the PO has been built), he/she should contact Purchasing (i.e. the Buyer associated with the PO).
View the fields on the Requisitions Budgetary Activity Report.
NOTE: Select print options and click OK.
For training purposes only, click the Cancel button.
NOTE: Most users will not run all Requisitions in their Business Unit.
NOTE: When a specific Project/Grant value is entered, the remaining fields may be left blank since there would only be one ChartString for the specific Project/Grant.
This completes View & Print the Requisition Budgetary Activity Report.
Enter the desired information into the Business Unit field. Enter a valid value e.g. "LSUSH".
Enter the desired information into the Budget Date From field. Enter a valid value e.g. "010116".
Enter the desired information into the From ChartField Value field. Enter a valid value e.g. "1103500".
Select the PSNT option.