The Department of Public Safety (DPS) data center which hosts the LSUHSC-NO production data center is under significant renovation and much of our equipment must be relocated to another portion of the data center.
When will this equipment relocation occur?
Saturday, August 10, 2013, beginning at 7:00 AM.
Will there be downtime?
Yes. Duration of downtime is anticipated to be 16 hours (should end by 11:00 PM, Saturday, August 10th)
What will occur during the 16 hours?
- Shut down nearly all virtual servers, all SAN-connected physical servers and SAN storage.
- Physically move SANs to new locations and reassemble as needed.
- Power on all systems in proper order.
- Test all systems and correct any issues.
Which systems will be down during the equipment relocation?
- Major systems such as:
- CRS (unavailable as of 10:00 PM, Friday, August 9th until sometime late Saturday, August 10th)
- User Manager (unavailable as of 10:00 PM, Friday, August 9th until sometime late Saturday, August 10th)
- DPS-hosted File Servers (V: drive, New Orleans academic T: drives, New Orleans academic and ILH O: drives)
- Network connectivity to Epic via the LSUHSC-NO Citrix Desktop
- Network connectivity to CLIQ via the LSUHSC-NO Citrix Desktop
- Citrix Desktop and PSDesktop as well as all Citrix Published Applications
- McKesson PharmacySiemens
- Document Imaging
- Siemens Reports (through AnyQueue)
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES)
- E-mail Archive ("Archive LSUHSC" folder as found in Outlook)
Which systems will remain available?
- LSUHSC-NO Core data center network infrastructure
- DNS (internal and external zones)
- Active Directory Authentication
- Internet E-mail (inbound/outbound)
- Inter-Site E-mail between NO/HCSD/SHV sites
- Outlook Web Access
- E-mail mailbox access (Outlook outside of Citrix)
- ActiveSync device access to E-mail
- E-mail Relay services
- Network connectivity to LSUHSC-Shreveport
- Network connectivity to Venyu
- Network connectivity to Epic (outside of LSUHSC-NO Citrix Desktop)
- OAS Gold Connectivity to Siemens (outside of Citrix)
If you have any questions related to this move, please E-mail them to